Monday, March 29, 2010

Always Blessings


My dad playing dress up--circa 1940. Looks just like Bodhi!


E kala mai ia‘u--please forgive me.

It has been a while since I last wrote something on this blog. What a whirlwind March has been. Instead of transgressing into reasons why I didn't write, I will highlight all the blessings March brought.

On March 11--My dad, Rodney Arakawa, transitioned from this life we shared together. His soul was ready to make that walk over the rainbow. It was a blessing that my mom was here on the Big Island with us when my dad passed and she was able to get some support during her time here. I am so tremendously grateful to Kim for organizing many of the details that come up when someone dies. I was in Kona for nine days after my dad died and Kim held it together for all of us.

From March 13-21 I was in Kona for a Huna Workshop. It was an incredibly transformational week of study. One of the highlights for me was a trip to Volcanoes National Park. I had been to the park on many different occasions, but I had never experienced it the way I did with the Huna group. The energy I felt and the intensity of the connection to the place was amazing and life altering. If anyone is interested in studying Huna with the group--check out the Empowerment Partnership at nlp.com.

At the end of the workshop, Kim and Bodhi drove out to Kona to meet me and we stayed a couple of extra nights at the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort. The hotel is a really fantastic property. The land belongs to Kamehameha Schools and they are doing a stellar job at preserving the sacredness of the site. Bodhi had a lot of fun being at the hotel and he also got a chance to have a trolley ride that took us down Ali‘i Drive. Fun, Fun, Fun. And it was a great way to launch his Spring Break.

Spring Break 2010 for Bodhi--It was his first Spring Break. No, crazy romps to Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Springs. It was a few days in Kona and park time in Hilo, Volcano and Kalapana. Bed time has been the usual 6:30, what a blessing. He's been growing up so fast.

Here's a little equation I want to share with you--
C>E
In this equation C=cause and E=effect.
Life is about cause and effect.
The question is, which side of the cause and effect equation are you on? Are you the cause in your life, or are you the effect of things in you life?
To gain maximum power, take responsibility for everything that happens in your universe.
On the cause side of the equation are results.
On the effect side of the equation are reasons--all the reasons you are not getting results.
I recommend getting on the cause side of the equation.
Equation is from the Empowerment Partnership.

Again--E kala mai ia‘u for the gap in the blog writing--March just zoomed by.

Happy Easter everyone!--Let's all celebrate the life force that goes on and on.

3 comments:

  1. love that photo! He DOES look just like Bodhi..WOW! His spirit will live on in all of you and I truly believe when a loved one passes, their energy becomes a part of the Universe so there is that much more positive energy and life force that is also surrounding your family. Bless you guys!
    Love,
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your Dad passing. I am glad his spirit was in a good place. As I have looked through old photographs of my parents starting their lives together, it does feel like I am in my Mom's shoes. As you are in your Dad's. I am sure he looked at you with the same admiration and love that you show Bodhi. Love is forever.... we love you too. Take care of your Mom - D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great photo of your dad...Bodhi is so your Dad in that photo, even the expression. So amazing.

    This is only the second time I've been on your blog and we are so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Jeremy and I send you our deepest sympathy and prayers, thinking of you, janu

    !

    ReplyDelete