Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Clarity

The weather has been absolutely beautiful these past few days in the rainiest city in America. It's as if it has been mirroring how I have been feeling inside; clear, vibrant and refreshed.

Two weeks ago, as I cried, had headaches and blew my nose for several days, I had the opportunity to search within myself for clarity. What was I holding on to? What was I trying to control? What did I need to surrender? What did I want? I was holding on to O‘ahu. I was trying to control how I experienced my friendships with my dear friends that I had left behind. I needed to surrender to the fact that moving creates change. I realized I wanted to fully embrace the Big Island and to allow my friendships to evolve along with my new direction.

I let go. I surrendered the sadness of missing my friends and replaced it with feelings of love for them and feelings of connection to them. I became clear that I needed to vibe a positive desire for time with friends and the universe responded.

How wonderful it has been. Time spent with friends from Hilo, time spent on some great phone calls, time spent with Andrea. I am filled. I am grateful.

The rain will be back--in Hilo that is guaranteed. And as I watch it fall, I will breathe in and know that all is well.

1 comment: