Saturday, September 5, 2009

A little more rain















Yesterday, was Thursday, momma and baby hui day. Bodhi and I have been spending time with a wonderful group of mom's and babes for over two years now. We meet at parks, the zoo, the beach and occasionally a museum. We have watched our kids grow from barely walking to can't stop running. We have laughed, cried, celebrated and supported one another. Hui day was an integral part of my weekly routine, a time where Bodhi enjoyed his friends and I enjoyed mine.

Yesterday, hui met at Kaimana beach, our favorite beach on O'ahu. The weather was good, the kids didn't stray too far and the mommas had a nice time with each other. Bodhi and I were there in spirit, but as I lay crying on Karen's floor, I realized, in spirit just doesn't feel the same.


Tomorrow is Miles' birthday party and we won't be there. He is Bodhi's best friend, brother really, and my second son. I miss him and his mom--Andrea, terribly. Andrea has been very busy this past week with visitors and party planning and so we have barely talked. I am used to talking, if not seeing her, several times a week. And so as I sat with Andrew this evening, unable to reach Andrea on the phone, I began to cry. Afterwards, the stuffy nose that I've had started to clear up.

A wise woman recently told me, "Kim, Bodhi will be just fine--this move is going to be much harder on you than him." Just like childbirth and parenting, you have no real idea what it means until you're in it!



2 comments:

  1. We love you Kim and miss you too. Sending you a BIG HUG from an Island hop away.

    -love Atara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim, I understand your sadness <3 It's a worthy sadness though, the beautiful people we love and leave are alwasy with us but it's just not the same when you can see their smiles and feel their hugs.

    We need to catch up soon, just give me your number and tell me when it's a good time to talk.

    <3 Deb

    ReplyDelete