Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bodhi at the cabin

What a happy boy! We took Bodhi up to the cabin for the first time today. He asked, "Is this my new house? Is my bed here and my toys?" Yes--we said---and he was happy with the answer.

He watched as his daddy moved the wood cuttings that uncle Jim had made yesterday when he finished the roof. Bodhi seemed impressed with Andrew's work gloves and immediately set about getting out his own tool box and construction hat. He zoomed around on his bulldozer in our new kitchen area--so pleased in his boots, with his shirt off--"just like daddy".

Later Andrew and Bodhi stood on the second floor lanai using the binoculars Auntie Stephanie gave Bodhi. Bodhi was fascinated with the binos--how they opened and closed, that it had a compass on it, that it made the trees SO Close!

I stood behind them, inside the cabin putting away clothes--feeling so peaceful as I watched my two sweethearts enjoying each other and the beauty around them. Yes---this was the right decision.

1 comment: