Friday, August 28, 2009

The Floor Must Go On





Here is our car with another load of lumber proudly strapped on by Andrew. These are floor joists for our soon to be dining area. 16 foot 2x6's. Ooh, I feel so cool saying that--like I actually have a clue about building something. What fun!




Andrew is having a blast being outdoors, being so physical and being an apprentice builder. Thank you Jim for teaching us.




It has been so affirming for me to watch Andrew build at our new cabin home. He has a lightness about him---it's been hard work---but it's also been very satisfying and fun.



Check out the fabulous wood pile picture---I am so proud. I wish I had taken a before shot--this wood was in a huge scrap pile, it took me several hours to sort, carry and stack it to it's new location. It's so pretty. I can't help it, I love to organize the chaos! So now the area where the mass of wood was piled in a heap is now completely clear and ready for us to figure out exactly what we are going to do for a bathroom. It will be interesting. Stay tuned.



1 comment:

  1. What a cute picture of you Kim!!! This is so facinating to witness!!!

    ReplyDelete